About the Kit
This Belgian Saison is complex, spicy, fruity, and flavorful with a tart, dry finish. Pilsen Malt provides a clean base, with just a touch of caramel sweetness from crystal malt, complimented by the spicy and earthy flavors of Styrian Goldings, while Saison yeast imparts notes of pepper, clove, citrus, and tropical fruit.
Best served in a goblet at around 45°F (7°C), the balance of spicy, fruity, and malty flavors in this beer pairs well with smoked salmon, crab cakes, fondue, cucumber salad, and Gruyere or Roquefort.
- 6.6 lb Briess Pilsen Light Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 4 oz Weyermann® Caramunich® Type 2
- 4 oz Weyermann® Carafoam®
- 2 oz Syrian Golding hop pellets
- Mangrove Jack's Craft Series Yeast M29 French Saison (10g)
- Muslin Hop Bag 5" x 15"
- 150 g Priming Sugar
→ Kit Instructions