VITIBEN® bentonite is a clarifying agent that produces the superior clarity and heat stability that your wines deserve.
VITIBEN® bentonite is designed to "fine" or remove undesirable compounds from wine and juice. These compounds include phenolics, proteins, and tannins, which are present in the fruit or result from natural enzyme reaction during processing and aging. Undesirable compounds cause haze, browning reactions, off-flavors, post-bottling settling, and poor shelf life. VITIBEN® bentonite adsorbs and coagulates these undesirable substances so they can be easily filtered out during fining or clarification. Since VITIBEN® is filtered out as well, it is unnecessary to list it as an ingredient on the product's label.
- Superior Dispersibility: Save time, money and energy with cold water dispersible VITIBEN® bentonite
- Easier Handling: VITIBEN's lower viscosity when dispersed results in an easy-to-handle fluid
- Higher Yields: Reduced lees means higher yields and lower processing costs
- Higher Activity: VITIBEN bentonite has more montmorillonite (the active ingredient for fining) and more active surface area than other bentonite clarifying agents
- Longer Equipment Life: Lower sand content reduces abrasion and extends the life of pumps and mixing equipment
Dosage: 0.06-0.24 g/L or 0.23-0.90 g/Gal. 1.38-5.4 g per 6 gallon batch.
This product is being discontinued - limited quantities available.