About the Kit
This English Style Porter is rich, dark, and flavorful, layered with roasted, nutty, and chocolate flavors, with a hint of toffee sweetness and dark fruit. Willamette hops provide a subtle bitterness and earthy, spicy, and herbal aromas, backed by mild fruity esters from English Ale yeast.
This beer is perfect for sipping on cold evenings served in a Nonic pit at around 50°F (10°C), and pairs well with roast beef, venison, shepherd’s pie, roasted root vegetables, a wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon, and Red Leicester or Lancashire.
- 6.6 lb Briess Pale Ale Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 4 oz Weyermann® Carafoam®
- 8 oz Simpsons Chocolate Malt
- 4 oz Simpsons Brown (Coffee) Malt
- 4 oz Simpsons Double Roasted Crystal (DRC™) Malt
- 2 oz Willamette hop pellets
- Mangrove Jack's Craft Series Yeast M42 New World Strong Ale (10g)
- Muslin Hop Bag 5" x 15"
- 150 g Priming Sugar
→ Kit Instructions