SafAle™ F-2 is specifically selected for secondary fermentation in bottle and in cask. This yeast assimilates very little maltotriose but assimilates basic sugars (glucose, fructose, saccharose, maltose) and is caracterized by a neutral aroma profile respecting the base beer character. Its neutral aroma profile, high alcohol resistance and stickiness characteristics make it a perfect match for consistent re-fermentation in bottle and cask.
SafAle™ F-2 resists to high alcohol levels (>10% v/v) and allows brewers to obtain all the properties of refermentation such as:
- Beer preservation thanks to oxygen trapping
- Contribution in roundness and maturation aromas
- Sticks well at the bottom of the bottles/casks and forms a nice haze when it is resuspended
- Add 5 to 10 grams of sugar per liter of beer (to obtain a saturation of 2.5 to 5.0 g/l of CO2)
- Pitch the sweetened beer, that should be at fermentation temperature (20-25°C) with the rehydrated yeast. Carbonation will be achieved in 1 to 2 weeks at 20-25°C*
- At the end of refermentation, the beer can be cooled down and will gain in roundness after 2 to 3 weeks.
Product Information Sheet