About the Kit
With a medium body and dry finish, this smooth and roasty Irish Stout pours black with a creamy tan head. Subtle notes of chocolate and coffee are balanced by subtle earthy and spicy hop notes and mild fruity esters from the yeast.
This classic example of an Irish Stout is perfect for cooler weather when served in a Nonic pint at around 50°F (10°C), and pairs well with roasted beef, lamb or pork, stews and hearty soups, chocolate desserts such as brownies, cakes, or truffles, and Irish Cheddar or Camembert.
- 6.6 lb Briess Pale Ale Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- 2 lb Briess Golden Light Dry Malt Extract (DME)
- 8 oz Simpsons Chocolate Malt
- 8 oz Simpsons Roasted Barley
- 1 lb Flaked Barley
- 2 oz East Kent Golding hop pellets
- Mangrove Jack's Craft Series Yeast M42 New World Strong Ale (10g)
- Muslin Hop Bag 5" x 15"
- 150 g Priming Sugar
→ Kit Instructions