The Northwest Pale Ale is a blank canvas on which hops and malt battle for dominance of the beer's composition. Sometimes hop-bombs with low alcohol and only subtle malt presence, and sometimes big beers with robust malt profiles and subdued hop notes, the Pale Ale is a place to get creative.
For our Northwest Pale Ale, we're bringing malt and hops into balance over the background of a clean yeast strain. A late dosing of West-coast Cascade hops gives the brew a wonderful aroma of juicy grapefruit and pine, while the malt brings body and richness to achieve harmony. A touch malty, and deliciously hoppy, this beer is sure to become a regular on your brewing calendar!
- 6.6 lb of Light Liquid Malt Extract
- 8 oz of Crisp Crystal 60L Malt
- 1 oz of Northern Brewer Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 1 oz of Cascade Hop Pellets for Flavoring
- 2 oz of Cascade Hop Pellets for Aroma
- 11.5 g of Fermentis US-05 Ale Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- 1 Muslin Bag
- Instructions (Preview)