Saisons are traditional Belgian farmhouse ales that are refreshingly earthy, spicy and peppery. Saison is French for "season", and this beer was originally the drink of seasonal farm workers and played an integral part in the agricultural lifestyle.
Our Saison lives up to its name with a touch of wheat and an important Saison yeast strain. Do yourself a favor and ferment this beer a bit warmer than normal ales to bring out all the character and complexity of the yeast.
- 6.6 lb of Pilsen Light Liquid Malt Extract
- 1 lb of Wheat Dry Malt Extract
- 2 oz of East Kent Golding Hop Pellets for Bittering
- 1 oz of Czech Saaz Hop Pellets for Flavoring
- 1 oz of Czech Saaz Hop Pellets for Aroma
- 11.5 g of Lallemand Belle Saison Yeast
- 5 oz of Priming Sugar
- 55 Bottle Caps
- Instructions (Preview)